domingo, 29 de enero de 2012

Maunder

It may never be like it once was. Frail, subtle, but so charming like your smile. The days were just blades of grass and the wind blew; I forgot what love felt like and shattered the dreams that laid in your heart. My eyes could never see the broken shards, but you still smiled and I thought there was no way for us to be apart. A seed in a barren land. We never held hands, we never felt our warmth, it was all cold under the fire that your eyes feigned for my heart. A vain hope that I held high until I raised my sight and saw nothing but my empty hands.

It will never be like it once was. Rain washed away the pieces, took away what I thought was mine to cherish and mine alone to hold in my arms. My vacant stare could not find you in the song of a bleeding sky, could not see the trail of the sadness I was sure our torn feelings would left behind. I forgot everything but your smile, I was left a jaded husk with nothing but an image of a time that would never be mine. Unsure, I walked, I fell, I kept trying to find a way back. No road to follow, no grave to give up this life.

I no longer remember what it once was like. No difference existed between sun and snow for my weary eyes. The wandering souls mocked my pathetic tries to find an excuse to live for, a reason to die for. The never ending need to feel the icy grasp of a feeling that I would once again outlast. And there, over the chasm, hating the love and loving to hate this life, I saw a familiar smile. One I tore with a selfish desire. A light I prayed for, a blinding sight that double crossed my heart.

I no longer remember anything at all. All is gone, washed away by the stream that takes me far away from your life. Pain subsides as the horizon disappears, as the rain takes away my tears. So far away, in a place that knows nothing from the past I cannot even feel is mine to remember or mine to despise. Hidden from the shadows, safe from the sight of a reflection that haunts the dreams I can barely keep alive; I wait for the time when you see through my eyes and discover a heart that no longer beats for your smile. A heart that no longer beats for anyone alive.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario