martes, 24 de enero de 2012

Reality in a thousand mirrors

"And my eyes were not cold, they were just waiting for you"

The fire inside my soul was still lit after all, but it slowly died away as there was nothing to consume but my mind. I had fought for what I thought was right, but the war ended long ago and I was just battling the ghost that remained within my scars. As the world went round and round I kept my eyes in the horizon waiting for a new night to be free and claim what I thought was mine, but the midnight sun never ceased to shine. And there I was, trapped in a maze built out of rejection and wasted moons to a cause I had lost before it even began.

I left my sword behind and cast my armor away in the forgiving dark waters that ran softly through the cracks reason had not filled with the logic of a dead man. Yet, I, the one that had never truly lived at all, could not drown nor feel the cold embrace of oblivion that quietly ran through my hands. I tried to breathe but was unable to fill myself with a pain that was not mine to be felt; I tried to cry but tears refused to come out for something I knew deep inside was nothing but a lie.

Then and there I wandered through the remains of the dark, the true essence of a world torn apart finding scattered shards of my will to be free, of my endless desire to leave this labyrinth behind. I heard your call, yet I was still unprepared to hold your heart; I heard you call and I decided to turn your wish in my command. I secretly held to those whispers, those eyes that wished to burn and reach the skies. I sundered the memories and the remains of my own blight to create a new world out of the ashes, a new temple of shadows to protect with newfound devotion the most lovely gift of them all.

I walked down the road and found that the path was harder to walk this time, but I did not surrender, I kept my promise to find you again and listen to your whispers one more time. Even if I were to lose it all in this desperate last try. Night covered me and I came to you at last wearing the dark and using the words of long forgotten times, reaching out for the soul that pronounced my name oh so many times in the vast landscapes of frozen tears and solid cries. I was there, standing by you, close to you, inside the walls of a world that only I was meant to see and admire. There was music, there was light like no other I had seen in the past, there before me was a world like no other I had seen in my time.

We spun the threads of destiny one at a time and inside a fortress of stone and gold I swore without words to protect your heart and walk along you even in the darkest hours of life. I ascended from my tomb and took a hammer to my hand, a promise to my heart and an oath to our lips, to never surrender, to never fall back, to be with you and hold your hand to help you and support you at all times. The flame inside burns brighter than ever now, and in its fire I forge the words to keep you by my side.

And, here I am, still in the dead of the night, hidden from it all but your lovely eyes. Here I am, for you and just for you, for your wish is my command.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario